Situated in the heart of Mdina, Bacchus has been preparing and serving quality food for the past forty years. It is housed in the two chambers built by Grand Master Fra Martino De Redin between 1657 and 1660 as gunpowder magazines for the main bastion, which he built to fortify the old city of Mdina. The chambers are double-vaulted and have preserved their original characteristics. They were built between original Roman settlement walls dating back to the 1st century, while the Arab wall dating back to the 10th century. All original features have been retained.
Upstairs from the restaurant dining area is the Bastion Ballroom, which will comfortably seat 450 guests. This overlooks a beautiful garden which itself overlooks Mdina. These gardens and banqueting room are frequently used for private functions, banqueting and wedding receptions. All of the catering is carried in-house, and a stand-up reception can easily be arranged for more than 1,000 guests.
The actual size of this incredible property and its gardens equate to approximately one-twelfth of the whole of Mdina.